At Good Shepherd Lutheran Church we believe:
- That the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- That there is one true God, who has revealed Himself in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That by His suffering and death on the cross, Jesus Christ made full atonement for our sins.
- That Jesus rose from the dead on Easter morning and later ascended into heaven.
- That God comes to us through the means of grace, the Word, and the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- That Jesus will return on the last day to judge the living and the dead.
Simply stated, The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod believes, teaches and confesses that in Christ alone is there salvation - by grace alone, through faith alone, on the basis of Scripture alone. To share this message with the world is the mission of the church and the reason for its existence.
From "An Introduction to the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod" by Dr. Samuel Nafzger, copyright 1994. Taken from the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod website.