Good Shepherd Lutheran Church began in June of 1953 as a mission meeting at the May Thompson School in Bellflower. A year later the current property was acquired and the congregation was officially formed as Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
In 1956 the congregation began an elementary and middle school ministry that continued through June of 2008.
In 1990 Good Shepherd opened its doors to two ethnic ministries. Currently Good Shepherd is also home to Good Shepherd Eritrean Church and Good Shepherd World Mission (Korean) Church.
On October 19, 2014, we celebrated "Homecoming" and the 60th anniversary of our congregation. On July 9, 2017, we welcomed the Reverend Vincent Barringer to be our pastor.